γ-Polyglutamic acid is a water soluble, biodegradable, non-toxic biopolymer produced by microbial fermentation. γ-PGA is a sticky material first found in “natto”, a fermented soybean. γ-PGA is an unusual anionic, naturally occurring homo polyamide that is made of D & L glutamic acid units connected by amide linkages between alpha amino & gamma carboxylic acid groups. CAS：25513-46-6
γ-PGA has a molecular weights ranging from 50,000 to more than 2 million Daltons.
PGA in CosmeticPGA in Agriculature
PGA in Wastewater treament
PGA in Food industry
· Non toxic towards humans and environment
· Biodegradable, hence eco friendly
· Water soluble, gives non odorous clear transparent solution
· Can be easily cross linked to form hydro gels which further have excellent properties
· Can be prepared in Na, Ca, Mg, H forms.
|γ - PGA and its derivatives have molecular weights ranging from 50,000 to more than 2 million Daltons, hence they have wide applications in food industry, cosmetics, health care, water treatment, waste water treatment, Hygiene products, Medical treatments, Hydrogels etc.|
· Food industry - as thickener for foods & drinks, improves taste of drinks, stabilizer in ice creams, texture enhancer, binder, animal feed supplement, antifreezing agent or cryoprotectant, bitterness relieving agent, as an additive in preparation of starch foods (bakery & noodles) for avoiding staling, enhancing food texture and maintaining food shapes.
· Water treatment – Heavy metal absorbent or chelating agent.
· Waste water treatment – Biopolymer flocculant, a substitute for polyacrylamide.
· Health Care – Facilitates calcium absorption in osteoporosis cases.
· Hygiene products – as absorbent in Baby diapers, women’s tampons etc.
· Medical treatment – Drug release carrier, a haemostatic agent, soft tissue augmentation,.
· Cosmetics - as a humectant, moisturizer to improve skin care quality, as a whitening agent, has anti wrinkle property which gives long lasting effect.
|Advantages over other commercial available polymers:|
· Non toxic, Biodegradable and degraded end products are glutamates which are nutritional ingredients to skin.
· Fully compatible with all skin conditions and provide long lasting moisturizing effect better than HA (Hyaluronic acid ) and Collagen
· Is required in very less concentration hence cost effective.
· γ-PGA derivatives have excellent strength, transparency and elasticity.
|γ-PGAcan be used in skin care products, shampoo, hair lotion, shaving cream and lipsticks.|
|γ–PGA Powder||γ-PGA Hydrogel|
|Appearance||White powder||Clear Liquid|
|Molecular Weight||700 kDa||700 kDa|
|Weight||100 g、500 g、1000 g||100 g、500 g、1000 g|